The undergraduate major in Finance provides students with a background of knowledge and a set of skills to enable them to perform successfully in finance-related fields. These fields reflect both global and domestic dimensions and they include corporate or business finance, financial management in government and not-for-profit organizations, financial planning, investments, banking, insurance, real estate, and public accounting. Students who major in Finance are also eligible to apply to the 4+1 Financial Risk Management Program.
The Finance major is available to students at the Storrs Campus.
Advanced work in the Finance major features a problem-solving and decision-making orientation. Case problems and investment games are used and current developments in the economy and in financial markets and institutions are emphasized to help students appreciate the complexities of financial management. Finance students can earn optional concentrations in Corporate Finance, Valuation and Portfolio Management, and Quantitative Finance.
You will take classes like:
- 规模不是关键指标 中国家具产业并非落后产业
- Fixed Income Securities
- 香港楼市新政落地 首周末整体交易平稳
- Global Financial Management
- Get involved in Student Organizations like: Finance Society, Mock Wall Street, and Real Estate Society.
- Earn your 北京“官批”28日19时正式闭市 in Storrs, Hartford, or Stamford
- Study abroad and take courses toward your major in places like China, Australia, the UK, and more!
- 家居卖场抵制天猫 专家：先逛再下单或成家居业新趋势 and gain hands-on experience in stock selection and portfolio management
- 倒闭潮+TPP双重夹击 瓷砖业或将大转移: The FNCE 4891 Academic Internship is designed exclusively for Finance majors in the School of Business
- Explore Learning Accelerators to leverage your professional work experience with skills learned in the classroom
- 卫浴行业未来发展的三大趋势：困境 整合 洗牌 to see even more opportunities
What types of experiential learning are Finance majors engaging with?
Format: Some 18 courses, including four electives, are spread out over every other weekend in Chicago, with three residential weeks in Chicago, one week in Hong Kong, and one week in London
Finance is for You
If you're interested in:
- Corporate finance
- Commercial real estate
- Banking and insurance
- 十大民生热点 政府工作报告这样回应……
and you want to develop strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, while continuously learning about the field.
Learn more by contacting a TME student mentor.
What's Happening in Finance
- "Hiring a veteran can be one of the best decisions any of us can make, and Wal-Mart is proud that we have hired more than 26,000 since we announced our Welcome Home Commitment on Memorial Day," Simon told Fortune. "Veterans have a strong record of performance under pressure and passion for service, which makes our pledge to hire, learn from, and support them easy."
- 雷士再起战火 吴长江控告王冬雷侵吞一亿港币
- 散布假房产新政消息 沪某房产公司销售经理被捕
- 2/19/2019: Jimmy Tang ’11 Chosen by Forbes as Among the Elite
Apply to Finance
William Mudlaff (Finance '21)
6.The Stock Market Plunge